April 15th, 2014 will be proclaimed by Mayor Mike Huether as "Purple Up! For Military Kids Day" in Sioux Falls, S.D. He will meet on the evening prior to this day with military families and community partners and officially sign the proclamation.
Everyone can support this effort by "WEARING PURPLE" on April 15th in recognition and honor of all military youth.
CLICK HERE to see a copy of the proclamation that will be signed.
Dakota Pack Magazine
Click here for a link to the current and past copies of the South Dakota
National Guard Dakota Pack Magazine. The Dakota Pack is published
for all SDNG service members and their families.
Hometown News Link for 114th FW
Click HERE to go to Hometown News Link for the 114th FW.
This link will only work from a CAC logged in computer.
Did you know...Your Point Credit Summary should be reviewed yearly? To help with that, March 2014 we started a procedure to send an email reminder notice 90 days before the close out of your retention/retirement year. When you receive yours, take the opportunity within those 90 days to request any point corrections needed or complete any participation required for a good year. View your participation points in virtual Military Personnel Flight (vMPF). Request any corrections using vPC-GR.
To view your points:
1. Using your CAC, log on to myPers, mypers.af.mil
2. From the myPers homepage, go to the "I Would Like To..." section and select "Access AFPC Secure Apps (vMPF, PRDA) - CAC Only"
3. Select Ok at the bottom of the DOD Notice and Consent Banner
4. Under "Available Applications" click "vMPF"
5. In vMPF, on the left side of the page under Navigation, select "Self Service Actions"
6. Select ("Personal Data")
7. FOR POINT SUMMARY - Select "ANG/USAFR Point Credit Summary Inquire (PCARS)"
8. FOR RIPS - Select "View All"
To correct your points:
1. Log on to myPers
2. From the myPers homepage, go to the "I Would Like to..." section and select "View More" to locate the "Complete a Career Management Action" link
3. Select "Change/Correct My Retirement Points" from the list of transactional options
4. Fill out the request form, attach appropriate documentation, and choose "continue." At the next screen, choose "Finish Submitting Question"
The myPers website is your Total Force source for personnel information and services. Check it out!
114th FW Environmental Statement
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is part of the overall installation management system that accounts for environmental programs and strategies. EMS includes organizational structure, planning activities, responsibility, processes, and resources for developing, implementing, reviewing and maintaining the Wing's Environmental Statement.