Brigadier General Matthew P. Jamison is the Assistant Adjutant General-Air, Headquarters, South Dakota Air National Guard, Joe Foss Field, Sioux Falls, S.D.
General Jamison received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of South Dakota, Vermillion, S.D., in 1983.
General Jamison enlisted into the South Dakota Air National Guard in 1979, achieving the rank of Sergeant. He was later commissioned through the Academy of Military Science in Knoxville, Tenn. He then attended Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance Air Force Base, Okla., graduating in 1985.
General Jamison assumed the position of Chief of Staff in May 2013. Prior to this, he held the positions of Chief of Staff, 114th Fighter Wing Vice Wing Commander, Director of Strategic Initiatives, 114th Operations Group Commander, 175th Fighter Squadron Commander, Operations Officer, Flight Commander, and Assistant Flight Commander in the 175th Fighter Squadron.
General Jamison is a command pilot with over 3,800 total fighter hours in the A-7D and F-16C aircraft. He has over 125 combat hours in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Operation NORTHERN WATCH and Operation SOUTHERN WATCH.
1983 Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, University of
1994 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2000 Air Command & Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
1. November 1996 - January 1997, Assistant B Flight Commander, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
2. January 1997 - July 2000, A Flight Commander, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
3. July 2000 - July 2002, 175th Squadron Operations Officer, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
4. July 2002 - March 2006, 175th Squadron Commander, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
5. March 2006 - November 2008, 114th Operations Group Commander, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
6. November 2008 - December 2009, 114th Director of Strategic Initiatives, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
7. January 2010 - December 2011, 114th Vice Wing Commander, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
8. January 2012 - May 2013, Chief of Staff, Headquarters South Dakota Air National Guard, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
9. May 2013 - Present, Assistant Adjutant General-Air, Headquarters South Dakota Air National Guard, Joe Foss Field, S.D.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,800
Aircraft Flown: A-7D, F-16C
Pilot wings from Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with nine oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Iraq Campaign Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service with six oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 2 'M' devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
State of South Dakota Distinguished Service Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
State of South Dakota Distinguished Unit Citation with one oak leaf cluster
State of South Dakota National Guard Service Ribbon with four oak leaf clusters
State of South Dakota Desert Storm Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, 29 March 1984
First Lieutenant, 15 May 1986
Captain, 12 June 1988
Major, 7 January 1995
Lieutenant Colonel, 8 July 2000
Colonel, 26 April 2007
Brigadier General, 24 September 2012